Time is ticking before the move to GA4 is officially the only option from Google. As a follow up to our last article on the retirement of Universal Analytics, here Stu Reed explains why the future is GA4.
Why has Google moved to GA4?
In today’s digital landscape, we’re all using more devices than ever before. That means we’re generating massive amounts of data. At the same time, you might share in the growing concerns about user privacy and evolving regulatory changes.
Unsurprisingly, traditional analytics tools are becoming inefficient, prompting the need for a new approach. Google recognized this and invested in revamping Google Analytics, introducing GA4 as the next generation of analytics. While we’ve heard a bit of frustration from many businesses running Universal Analytics, as a numbers guy, I think this will provide a lot more clarity and structure moving forward.
What is GA4, and how will it help?
GA4, or Google Analytics 4, is a privacy-first, cross-channel measurement platform. GA4 offers a comprehensive view of anonymised user interactions. It uses first-party and Google data to understand customer journeys across devices and platforms.
Features & Benefits of GA4
- Unified, Deduplicated Data Across Devices and Platforms: GA4 provides a complete view of customer journeys, allowing you to understand user interactions across different devices and platforms.
- Power of Google’s Machine Learning: GA4 leverages Google’s machine learning capabilities to provide smarter insights, anomaly detection, feature recommendations, and natural language querying of your data.
- Integrations with Google and Other Partners: GA4 seamlessly integrates with Google Ads, Google Marketing Platform, and other third-party software, enabling cross-channel attribution and connections to Google Cloud via BigQuery.
- User-First Privacy: GA4 offers granular privacy controls, compliance with cookie laws, and insights on signed-in users, ensuring a privacy-focused measurement solution.
Why Move to GA4 Now?
The transition to GA4 is crucial because Universal Analytics, the previous version, will no longer be supported after July 1, 2023. It will be affected if your property was set up before October 14, 2020. GA4 is already here, and if you have a GA property set up after October 14, 2020, you are likely already using it. However, if you miss this date, you can still set up a fresh GA4 Dashboard – you just won’t have your historical data.
How We Can Help migrate your data to GA4 (before 1 July 2023)
Our team at Good CX has been helping our clients migrate to GA4 smoothly.
Here’s how we can help:
- Migration to GA4: First, we will set up GA4 properties and data streams, map custom events, migrate goals and conversions. Also, we’ll ensure proper user and access control.
- Integrations: Next, we will integrate GA4 with Google Marketing Platform, Google Ads, and other platforms. The idea is to enable seamless cross-channel attribution, conversion tracking, and audience migration.
- Historical Data Backup: Finally, we will help you store your historical data in spreadsheets, custom databases, or Google BigQuery. This ensures that you have access to it beyond the transition period.
- New Data Dashboard: As an added bonus, our dashboard experts will assist in creating a new data studio dashboard synchronized with GA4, incorporating historical and fresh data, ensuring a smooth transition.
- Training: Also, we offer comprehensive training sessions. Training helps your team understand the changes in data collection, marketing KPIs, and navigate the new GA4 user interface. Importantly, we’ll cover advanced analysis, GMP integrations, and data visualization using Google Data Studio.
Embracing the migration to GA4 for better consumer understanding.
Undoubtly, GA4 is the future of analytics, offering advanced features, privacy-first approaches, and seamless integrations. With the phase-out of Universal Analytics, it’s essential to transition to GA4 now. Fortunately, Good CX can guide you through the migration process, ensuring a successful and future-proof analytics solution for your business.